Banksters: Learn Trading Strategies through In-Game Abilities
Learning how to trade can be a monotonous and sometimes stressful activity. Banksters combines the best of both worlds, improving your understanding of trading strategies through our in-game abilities with gaming fun, allowing you to learn essential trading strategies in a new and engaging way.
In Banksters, players act as portfolio managers tasked with maximizing their profits by managing a collection of virtual coins. Players are given various abilities that can alter the value of their portfolio’s coins. Still, these abilities only impact the coin’s value and not the player’s overall score. Instead, the decision to use the ability will directly impact the market, affecting the results of other players in the same round.
To further aid in their success, players can utilize resources such as Influence, which allows them to maximize the points for a specific coin. The key to success in this game is finding the appropriate balance, managing the use of their abilities and resources, as well as a keen understanding of the market and their opponent’s strategies.
Here are the examples of abilities in the game and how they can be used:
- Swap Positions: Reverts the trade direction in the next round.
This strategy allows players to change their trade direction from long to short or vice versa, similar to a “hedging” technique, to potentially minimize losses or capitalize on market movements.
- Swap Coin: Changes to a better-performing crypto instrument.
This strategy involves exchanging one virtual coin for another that performs better, similar to “asset allocation” or “market timing” strategies.
- Elon’s Tweet: Boosts the selected coin by at least +60 points in the current round.
This ability leverages the power of news and market sentiment, similar to “news-based trading” strategies, where traders react to market-moving events or statements.
- Rally: Boosts the selected coin by +15 points per round for three rounds.
This strategy involves riding the momentum of a particular virtual coin, similar to a “trend-following” approach, to capitalize on its upward price movement.
- CZ’s Effect: Boosts the selected coin by +30 points per round for three rounds. This strategy is similar to Rally but with a higher level of market impact, similar to “momentum trading” strategies.
- Hype: Boosts the selected coin by +20 points and +15 points for each ability applied to the coin. This strategy is similar to “contrarian” approaches, where players look to profit from market overreactions by investing in undervalued or unpopular virtual coins.
- Vitalik’s Buzz: Boosts the selected coin by +40 points.
This strategy is similar to Hype but with a higher level of market impact, similar to “value-based” approaches.
- Pump & Dump: Boosts the selected coin by +45 points in the current round and -30 points in the next round. This strategy involves exploiting market volatility and speculation, similar to “high-frequency trading” approaches, but carries a higher level of risk and is not recommended for long-term trading.
- Market Squeeze: Boosts the worst-performing coin by +90 points at the end of the current round. This ability boosts the worst-performing virtual coin and is related to “Contrarian Trading” strategies.
- Insider Trade: Boosts the selected coin by +30 points and +60 points if no other abilities are applied. This ability boosts the selected virtual coin through privileged information, similar to “Inside Information” strategies.
In Banksters, the characters have unique traits that determine their abilities. These power traits are divided into different grades, with higher grades providing greater bonuses to the corresponding ability. If multiple traits influence a particular ability, the effect of these traits is combined to produce a stronger result. One example of this is the Shark Bankster, who possesses a trait that significantly enhances their “Elon’s Tweet” special ability by a whopping +94 while also having the potential to impact two other abilities. The traits system is another in-game mechanic players will have to account for in order to yield successful results.
By leveraging these abilities and considering their impact on both the market and their opponents, players can increase their chances of success in the game. In upcoming articles, we will delve into the intricacies of each ability and how they function within the game, as well as the connection between traits and abilities. Subscribe to our Medium profile and stay tuned for more valuable information on Banksters Game.